Adding a machine
Each of FabLab Devon's different machines should have a dedicated page.
Starting a new machine page
- You will need to be logged in to have editing privileges, if you do not have an account set up, get one here.
- The easiest way to create a new page is to create a link to it and then click the link.
- To create a link from this page to your new page, click 'Edit' (top right of this page) - if you do your editing in a new tab/page in your browser (hold down the Command key while clicking 'Edit' if you are using a Mac) you will be able to refer to these instructions as you proceed
- Underneath the text '== Machine Pages ==' type two square opening brackets, the name of the machine and two closing square brackets so that it looks something like this: [[Machine name]]. The double square brackets make a link to a page on this wiki.
- Click 'Save Page' (bottom left of the editing page) and you should see this page with the link to your new page. This link should be red because the page has not been created yet. If the link is not red then the page has already been created - either add to the existing page or change the name of the machine (by doing previous steps and changing the text in the square brackets.
- Click the link - the new empty page will be displayed.
- The MakerBot Replicator 5th Generation page is a good starting point, the easiest way to produce a new machine page is to copy the contents of the MakerBot Replicator 5th Generation page and modify it.
- Go to the MakerBot Replicator 5th Generation page you want to copy.
- Go into edit mode.
- Copy the page source code.
- Paste it into the source code editing area of your new page.
- Modify the text as necessary.
Useful Info on Editing Wiki Pages
The following are links to wikipedia pages with information on editing. If you find any others that are useful to you, please add them here.